Celebrate the new Madden 23 launch and join us for a $1,000 tournament! Whether you're a casual player, aspiring pro, or just love the game of football, players and fans ages 21+ are invited out Saturday, September 10th at 1PM to Stones Gambling Hall in Citrus Heights, right outside Sacramento, CA!
- $1000 cash prize pool
- 1st Place: 50% - $500
- 2nd Place: 25% - $250
- 3rd Place: 15% - $150
- 4th Place: 10% - $100
- Early Signup: $25 Per Player
- Day-of Signup: $35 Per Player
- Spectators: FREE
- Doors Open at 11:30am
- Check-in/Registration Ends at 12:45pm
- Bracket Starts at 1:00pm
- Tournament will be SINGLE ELIMINATION games. Losing players are eliminated from the competition.
- Games will be played in “Exhibition” -> “Online Head to Head” -> “Play a Friend” mode against other players at the event.
- Must be aged 21+ to compete
- Single Elimination: Losing players will be eliminated from the bracket.
- Reporting for Matches: Players will have 10 minutes to report for a match once announced. Failure to appear results in a disqualification.
- Seeding: Players will be randomly seeded at the close of registration.
- Fatigue: On
- Injuries: Off
- Even Teams: Off
- Quarter Length: 5 Minutes
- Game Skill: All-Madden
- Accelerated Clock: 20 Sec
- Weather: On + Clear
- Each player will use a provided console and monitor during their matches. Players will NOT be on the same screen.
- All games will be played on Xbox Series X consoles, on provided setups that consist of: Xbox Series X console, Standard Xbox Series X controller, ASUS 23" monitor, Converter for home-brought Playstation controller
INFO ABOUT PLAYSTATION CONVERTERS:
- We will provide Brooks brand controller converters for anyone who prefers to use their home-brought PS4/PS5 controller for this competition.
- Converters are the only current method of utilizing PS4 controllers with X1 consoles.
- Controller functionality varies based on controller model.
- TEAMS / PLAYBOOKS -
Players are allowed to mirror-match (use the same teams). Players may use any of the 32 NFL team's playbooks with their selected team. Custom playbooks are not permitted.
-21-POINT MERCY RULE -
A player that leads their opponent by 21 points or more will automatically be deemed the winner of a match if the other player fails to score on their next possession immediately following the lead being established.
- 4TH DOWN ATTEMPTS -
Players can go for it on 4th down anytime.
- OFFSIDES -
Abuse of offsides is not permitted. Excessive uses of offsides to delay game clock will be looked at in a case-by-case basis.
- ONSIDE KICKS -
Players may only onside kick in the second half.
- AUDIBLES -
Players cannot audible out of the QB Kneel, Wildcat, Field Goal, or Punt formations.
- GLITCHES / BANNED PLAYS -
- All glitches are prohibited; if you are caught abusing a glitch, you will either be automatically eliminated, or given a warning, depending on whether the glitch was deemed intentional; subsequent violations will result in being eliminated.
- Plays that are deemed faulty or "glitched" and result in gameplay outside the normal bounds of real-life football, whether in regards to player movement, ball movement, breaking of standard NFL rules, etc, are not allowed.
- Use of these plays will be looked at on a case-by-case basis; if you feel your opponent used a "glitched" play or exploits the game in some way, please use the Xbox recording feature (Home button on controller -> "X" button) to record the last minute of gameplay, pause the game, and tournament staff will review the gameplay.
- VISUAL FEEDBACK -
- Players may change the Play Call Button Layout at any time.
- Default: Y-X-A
- Playstation Players: Y = “Triangle” / X = “Square” / A = “X”
*Details Subject to change*